Friday, October 30, 2009

Vegas Getaway!

Mike and I went to Vegas last week and had an amazing time! Our ten year anniversary is coming in May. Since we will be on a vacation with my family over it we decided to celebrate early. For the first night we stayed in the Bellagio!!! Here is the view from our window. It was so cool to see the fountains from our room!




Since it is October, everything was decorated in a fall theme, it was so beautiful! This is the front lobby of the Bellagio.
This is in the Conservatory. It is amazing to me how they change everything in it every season. We took about, hmmm a million pictures just in here. :)



Another wonderful thing about Vegas is the good food! We had crepes every day we were there, Yummy!

In front of Caesar Palace.

Can't do a Vegas post without this shot!
Yep, a gold Mustang! It was fun cruising the strip in this thing!
Of course our pics are out of order because of Blogger, oh well. This is the main reason we went to Vegas. On our last night we went to the U2 Concert. It was the best one we have seen, such a great night!

Our seats were right by the back of the stage, since it was a 360 stage they were great seats!

Right by the fountain at Paris.

Cruising the strip in the gold mustang.



We got a Virgin Margarita at our favorite Mexican Restaurant in New York New York. Peach and Banana - mmmmm.

It was so much fun, and we walked probably 10 miles over 3 days! But, any calories we burned we made up for by eating crepes, gelato, and other good food. We loved seeing everything and taking a ton of pictures. Most of all, it was great to spend more time with Mike. I love him, I am so grateful he married me (almost) 10 years ago. He is my best friend, and so much fun to be with! Love ya Babe!

12 comments:

NeelsluvsU2! said...

I'm not so sure the big drink was a virgin! Look at Jody's face! It was very tasty... the crepes were very tasty as well! But I would have to say the tastiest decadence of the trip was Jody... don't worry... I don't think any children will be reading this! It was a much needed trip and I had the time of my life with Jody... she is definitely my best friend and we can be happy anywhere we go. It was literally a party 24/7 on this trip. We stayed up until midnight on Wed., 1:00 on Thur., and 1:30 on Fri.! All the walking made it so I actually lost 5 pounds on the trip! The Black Eyed Peas were an awesome opener for U2... every song they sang I would turn to Jody and say, "I know this song!" Fergie also sang Big Girls Don't Cry... I knew she sang that one! I'm going to buy a few BEP songs on iTunes... this U2 concert was the best! Until next time Jody... and U2! Mike

Berry said...

I'm so happy to hear that you guys had this fun trip and that you got to enjoy time together without the wee ones!

Here's to many more happy memories!!

Love you guys!

bottspot said...

Congrats! Looks like you had fun . . . . and some GOOD FOOD!

brilin said...

I'm happy for you both. Looks like a great trip. Nice mustang, you guys where really stylin', talk about putting on the Ritz...... the Bellagio. On our 10th anniversary, no cruising down the strip in a convertable. We had to settle for an evening horse back ride on the beach in Mazatlan, it was suppose to be romantic, but the horses were old and broken down and they would not behave. Stay close as a couple and enjoy the one-on-one moments, even if it’s just going for a ride around town together.

Dad

Foust Family said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun! I'm sure it was nice to get away! Fun pics and nice car!!!

Dusty And Mandi said...

I Love the Gold Mustang! Ha ha. I'm glad you guys had so much fun! Way cute pics by the way, you guys are such an adorable couple.

Lisa Sanderson said...

A U2 concert! I'm super jealous. HAPPY Anniversary a little early. Your trip looks like so much fun and it doesn't get any better than crepes and a gold mustang. Viva to the Neeley fam!

Anonymous said...

how fun! the food looks so yummy! and i love the gold mustang!!!!
what a fun way to celebrate 10 years!

Karmen said...

Looks like you two had a great time! Hubby-wife vacations are a must! We're doing a cruise in December! I can't wait!

Oblad girl said...

Congrats on your early anniversary! I just went to Vegas for the first time last month. Glad you had a good time.

Niki said...

I forgot how big of a U2 fan you are! I remember when Mike surprised you with tickets...about 8 or 9 years ago!! Looks like you guys had a great time!!

N. Taylor said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I'm jealous you got to cruise around in a convertible Ford Mustang. : ) Glad you guys had so much fun.