Monday, October 5, 2009

Emily's Birthday

Emily turned 7 on October 2nd. I can't believe how big she is getting! We always let the kids choose what they want their party theme to be, and once again Emily wanted to have a Halloween cake and a Halloween party! We went up to Muellar Park for the family party the Sunday before her Birthday, and had a hot dog roast and lots of good food. It was so much fun.
She has been wanting a camara for a long time, and was excited to get one!
Isn't this cake awesome? Mike made it from scratch, pumpkin - yummy! Emily loved all of the cool decorations!

On her Birthday, Mike surprised her by taking the day off of work. She was so excited to see that he had stayed home just for her! He made a breakfast for all of us and then we went to Kangaroo Zoo. This place is awesome if you haven't been before! There are a ton of inflatable slides and even a minature golf section!



For her friend party that night we had a Halloween costume party. Em wanted to be a scary witch, here she is pretending to cast a spell!
We had a witch pinata and all of the girls, and Brett had fun hitting it. Mike of course, had fun swinging it around for them.
Some of her cute friends.
Happy 7th Birthday Emily! Hope you had a ton of fun. We love you!

10 comments:

The Tripletts said...

Love the cake!! I always had a lot of fun making cakes for my kids. Mike if you are ever in Florida I will lend you some of my Wilton cake pans I have over 100!! Emily is so sweet she looks like she had so much fun!!!

Niki said...

I can't believe Emily is 7! Time sure gets away from you. I remember working with you on Med/surg when you were first pregnant with her. She's so beautiful!

Foust Family said...

Happy Birthday, Emily! What fun parties! That cake is amazing! You are such a cute family!

Delahunty Family said...

Happy Birthday Emily!

Jessica said...

Adorable! Costume parties are so much fun! I can't believe Em is 7 either...wow... :)

NeelsluvsU2! said...

I'm one of those dads that cries with each passing birthday. Emily is growing up way too fast! I enjoy every day I'm with her... she is an amazing little lady and I know she'll go far in life. I'm so blessed to have her as a friend. She is so loving and fun to be with... never a dull moment with my little drama queen! I love you Emma! Happy Birthday! I hope I get to spend at least 50 more birthdays in your presence! Daddy

Anonymous said...

mike always does such a great job on the cakes! love it! Haylie had so much fun at her party!
Happy Birthday Emma!

archiecrew said...

He has major cake skills! Your party's look so fun and she looks just like you Jody. SO cute and sweet. Happy birthday!

Berry said...

Wow, that cake is incredible! It looks like she had a fun birthday. Emily is such a sweetheart. I love having her in my life and look forward to many more great memories. I like the picture of her with her fingers showing how old see is. That's a great idea! Happy Birthday Emily!!

Oblad girl said...

Talk about birthday extravaganza! What an awesome birthday... I bet she had a blast.