Monday, February 22, 2010

Valentine Fun

It wouldn't be Valentine's without some yummy sugar cookies! Every year we make, decorate and then leave them on friends and families door steps and Run! The kids have such a fun time doing it.


Brett loved to use the sprinkles and fill up every last possible space with the conversation hearts.


Mike was helping Savannah when she grabbed the sprinkles and dumped the whole container on this cookie!



She was pretty impressed with herself. Mike took the kids to a U of U basketball game the night before, that is why they still have their stickers on!

Emily was so excited for Valentines and to make a box for the big day at school. It turned out so cute with Mike's help.
I love that Mike is willing to do these kinds of things, he and Em had fun decorating the box. He used two sample box from work, put them together and then they cut the hearts off of old sample boxes. Nice to have a box salesman for a husband!



I was so spoiled for Valentines this year. Mike surprised me throughout the month on five different occasions. He said one was for me and the other four in honor of our four sweet kids. It was so fun not knowing when the next surprise would come. This was the first one, I came home from work at 11:30 at night to find music playing, yummy chocolates and a new maternity shirt with a card. After 3 other pregnancies my maternity shirts are getting pretty old and I loved that he picked out four new ones for me! He surprised me by having gifts left in the car, the bedroom, the downstairs bathroom and the garage. Always when I least expected it. The kids had fun too, seeing what was going to happen next. The sweet cards and thoughtfulness with cute pics of the kids in each card brought tears to my eyes. Thanks Mike, I love you so much. I know I haven't been the easiest to live with lately with the nausea, lack of house work and pregnancy hormones, and I appreciate all you do so much! Love you!

7 comments:

NeelsluvsU2! said...

February has been a pretty good month despite the fact that it's still winter. I'm glad you enjoyed the surprises... I loved planning everything. Mike

Delahunty Family said...

How sweet! Surprises are the best!

Dusty And Mandi said...

That is so sweet! And I loved the kids cookies! Zoey decorated cookies too, it's such a fun activity! Put up pics of your baby belly! You didn't even look pregnant last time I saw you.

Berry said...

Jody, you have the cutest family! I love you guys so much. I love seeing what you are all up to. Tell Mike to give Scott some romantic lessons! LOL.

brilin said...

WE love the cookies too--so glad you and Mike enjoy making memories

Foust Family said...

What a fun Valentine's! Mike is so sweet! He needs to teach some other men his tricks...

Anonymous said...

way cute about mike with the surprises! and you guys are lucky emma got to make a box. haylie's school wouldn't let them, i was so mad, thats the best part of valentines day!