Friday, February 26, 2010

Potty Trained!


Last month Savannah started taking off her diaper and telling me "no, no". I thought she was still a little bit young to try potty training, but figured since she was interested we might as well give it a shot! We bought some cute Dora underwear and it has been smooth sailing since. She only had a couple of accidents and has done great! She loves to have all her baby dolls go before she does, and I thought this was such a cute picture. She has such a stubborn little personality, it doesn't surprise me that potty training was so easy. When she sets her mind on something she does it, in her own way and time. I am so excited, it will be nice to have a short little break before we are changing diapers again come July. Good job Savannah!

11 comments:

Ruth said...

When I say "Congratulations!" I am sincere, but there is also a little bit of "I can't believe that, and I am so very, very jealous!!!!" :) That's great!

Anonymous said...

i'm totally jealous...you know that right?
:)
good job banna!

Berry said...

She looks so grown up in this picture. She is a sweetie pie! I am so proud of her. She has been absolutely adorable about the potty training thing and being
excited because she knows she's a big girl!

Delahunty Family said...

That is such a cute picture! That will be so nice not to worry about 2 kids in diapers! Enjoy the break!

NeelsluvsU2! said...

We have been very blessed with all 3 kids so far being potty trained before their new sibling arrived! It's all about not pushing it until they are ready... otherwise you're in for a hellish experience. Thank you Shauna and Cheryl for the advice! Mike

brilin said...

Good job, little stubborn one--so happy for mommy, it is nice to get a break. It's funny 3 of the grandkids are doing potty training at the same time--good luck everyone

archiecrew said...

I need to get some advice how quickly you got her to do it! So jealous! Sienna is not interested at all!

Lisa Sanderson said...

Hooray! I thought about potty training Ian, mostly because I would like to stop buyin diapers, but he's afraid of the toliet. I imagine I'm in for another long haul. Liam took forever to potty train. Savannah is a treasure!

bottspot said...

Yeah!!! Good job Savannah!

3 of us said...

Wow that is so good, it is a good thing sense there will be another one on the way!!! You want to come over and potty train Nathan for me he doesn't want to do it at all now for a week he was so into it now no way

N. Taylor said...

I thought that usually happens around three! I am totally impressed. Way to go Savannah!