Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Party

Every year we go to my Grandparents house for a Easter party. It is always a lot of fun. The kids love the Easter egg hunt. It was crazy this year how Emily and Brett just ran out so fast and found their eggs!
Savannah thought it was a lot of fun too!
It was cold, but at least it wasn't snowing! I think this is the first year we were all wearing coats for the egg hunt.
We also have a pinata every year. Savannah saw this cute chick on the table before he was strung up and kept giving him kisses. She was pretty upset when she saw people were hitting it! She would have no part of this animal cruelty.
Brett, on the other hand got right into it. This was the first year he was old enough to be blindfolded. He got a few really good hits in.
Emily had no fear, she went right in swinging!

Earlier that day we decorated Easter eggs. Emily was especially proud of the one she made with her name on it.

I was surprised that Brett kept asking if he could eat them, later that day he did. And he actually liked them! What a shock coming from the worlds pickiest eater!
I love this picture.

Savannah wasn't very interested in coloring the eggs, she just wanted to give each of them a kiss when they were done. By the end of the coloring process she had some pretty colorful lips! :)

6 comments:

Foust Family said...

How fun! That's too funny about Savannah! She has such a tender heart!

Karmen said...

I love that Savannah was sad about the pinata! She's so cute!

Ruth said...

That is hilarious - "Savannah, protector of wildlife!"

Lisa Sanderson said...

I love it! Savannah is hilarious. If Bret is starting to eat more that gives me hope for my quasi aneorexic son, Ian. The party looked like a blast!

brilin said...

I feel for Savannah, I've never really liked the pinata thing either. I love the egg hunt and the kids running around finding the egg with their name on it--fun times

bottspot said...

I love that Savannah had to kiss the eggs! too cute!