Monday, October 18, 2010

Emily's Baptism

Emily has been looking forward to her baptism day for a long time. Here is the cute invite my sister made.

About a month before her baptism, Jen took her out and took some photos of Emily in her baptism dress. I think she looks so beautiful and grown up!












Cute photo she took of herself right before we left our house.
This picture was taken right before Em was baptized, she was so excited and a little nervous. But, Mike had practiced with her and she felt a bit more confident. It was such a neat experience to see my little girl get baptized. I am so proud of her and the choice she made to become a member of the church.

Afterward, we went to the house and had a BBQ and her Birthday party. I will show more pics of that later. Here she is with her Granny. Granny gave her a picture of Jesus with the children that had a baptism quote, and a picture of Emily too. We have it hanging above her bed so she can remember her special day.

Great Grandma and Grandpa Frenette, so happy they could come!

Emily with her Grandma. She gave Em a journal, and she has already written in it, remembering how she felt when she was baptized.
Emily and Grandpa

With Papa and Liam.

When I turned eight, my mom made me a baptism quilt, and I wanted to carry on the tradition and make one for Emily. I couldn't have done it without every ones help! I had each family make a quilt block and then I put it together. When I gave it to her I reminded her that the Holy Ghost is a comforter. I hope that she will always remember how much her family and Heavenly Father love her even when things get rough.

Love you Emily!

14 comments:

NeelsluvsU2! said...

I'm so happy for Emily and know she made the right choice to get baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. I also know the true tests in her life lie ahead in the distance... this dad will be by her side no matter what choices she makes in the future! Mike

brilin said...

love the post, it was such a special day--I'm so proud of you Emily--and you know how much I love you.

Lisa Sanderson said...

What a neat idea, to do a baptism blanket! I love it. Emily does look grown up and very beautiful. She looks a lot like her mom! Congratulations to Emily on a momentous day and on her wonderful decision. May all her decisions in the future be as equally wise.

Foust Family said...

Congratulations to Emily! I agree, she looks very grown-up! Her dress is so pretty! I love the quilt! That is such a great idea, you are so talented!

Our Family said...

Congratulations to that beautiful girl.

Jessica said...

Such a beautiful post. :) Thanks for sharing- <3

The Tripletts said...

I remember helping to making your quilt. I always thought it was such a wonderful idea, alas I was not that organized. What a wonderful tradition. You did a beautiful job.

carolee said...

Oh my goodness! Emily looks so grown up. She is just beautiful. Love the blanket that you made for her. I may just have to borrow that idea in a few years.

Dusty And Mandi said...

What a great day, Em does look so grown up! And the quilt turned out so cute.

Liz said...

Those pictures are so beautiful! Congratulations to Emily; looks like it was a wonderful day-how could it not be? :)

cassy said...

Congrats o emily and the family. Miss the kiddos around! we will have to get together sometime!

Oblad girl said...

That quilt is a fun family tradition! Congrats on the baptism- that's so great.

Delahunty Family said...

Congrats Emma! We love you and are happy that you made the dicision to get baptized.

Anonymous said...

so cute! the quilt turned out so good! i still can't believe she is 8!