Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sun worshipers beware!!!!



Today Mike had surgery to remove a skin cancer (basal cell carcinoma) off the back of his head. Mike was a land surveyor when he was younger and was always in the sun. He came home this afternoon with this dressing on. I teased him that it looked like someone who had some plastic surgery done, or lipo sucked from his chin with the huge pressure dressing on! When the kids woke up from their nap I warned them saying, "Daddy had an owwie and had to go to the doctors to take it off. Now he has a bandage on." Emily immediately began bawling and Brett cried saying, "But, I love my Daddy!" It was so cute. Em started bawling more when she saw Mike and he just had to laugh. They both gave him a big hug. I am thankful for our health and that everything went well with the procedure and that it wasn't melanoma. Tomorrow he is going to go into work like this ~ good luck Mike! :)

7 comments:

bottspot said...

Glad to know it's not melanoma!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you guys got it all taken care of and that its not melanoma! That is so cute of Emma! LOL. Oh come on now, he probaby got his chin done, and just didn't want anyone to know! We know your secret mike! JK. Get well soon!

Delahunty Family said...

I'm glad that everything went well and that it wasn't melanoma! That is so cute that your kids are so worried for him and care for him so much, hope he gets better soon!

Dusty And Mandi said...

I'm glad all went well! I love that your kids cried. I'm sure Emma was a wreck. I've never seen a child as emotional as her!

Berry said...

I'm so glad that Mike is doing well. How tender that Em cried and what Brett said. Good luck to the troops!

cassy said...

We are so happy that everything went well. It must be a Neeley thing and I can just imagine how worried you get b/c I do the same with stu. I'm glad everything went just fine! Emma is soo soo sweet, I would have been in tears just watching her reaction. let us know if you guys need anything!

N. Taylor said...

Ouch! I'm glad that everything went well.