Saturday, March 21, 2009

An Appropriate Song For These Crazy Times!

Funny thing happened today! Mike said he had heard an awesome song on the radio this week. He didn't know who the artist was, so we looked up the song on iTunes. Much to Mike's amazement, the song is sung by an artist he considered before today to be mediocre. The song is called "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus! The music and Miley's voice are great... and the words carry a wonderful and inspiring message. Turn up your speakers and give this song a listen! Mike says he now respects that teeniebop artist Miley Cyrus... a.k.a. Hannah Montana! And coming from Mike that's saying a lot! Leave your comment and let us know what you think of the song...

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I think the song is alright. I heard it for the first time this past week when we were visiting my parents for spring break.
I feel bad because I think part of the reason I don't like it too much is I recognized Miley's voice. I think it's great to look past the artist and take songs for what they are- I should take some of my own advice and give Miley another chance :)

Anonymous said...

i LOVE this song. it is so perfect for these times! i too was shocked to hear it was miley cyrus. i think she will be a great singer though. i just hope she doesn't get all messed up and into drugs like all the others. such a cute girl.

Dusty And Mandi said...

I love this song. Course I've always liked Miley Cyrus. Not so much her songs before recently, but her as a person.

Berry said...

I really like the song. I'm going to get it on my I-tunes. I'm not a big Hannah Montana fan, but I like a couple of her songs and I'm going to see her new movie coming out because I think it looks good. Don't tell Scott.

bottspot said...

surprisingly good!