Friday, March 19, 2010

St. Patricks Day

For dinner on St Patty's day I decided to make a green meal. Usually I make breakfast, but was so lazy that morning that it just didn't happen. So I made breakfast for Dinner! French Toast, green eggs and milk. Savannah had me laughing so hard. She kept looking at me like I had lost my mind with all the green stuff in front of her!
Before each bite she would look and Emily and Brett to make sure it was okay to eat.

Brett loved the green eggs, and told me it was the best dinner ever! He never drinks milk, but somehow the green colored milk was delicious and he had two cups. Maybe I should add food coloring to his milk every day! :)
Emily also enjoyed it and told Mike (who was in Boise for business) that he missed out on a great dinner. Somehow, I don't think he minded. I am sure his rib dinner at the Ram was slightly more enjoyable.

7 comments:

Our Family said...

Isn't it ironic that some of the easiest dinners the kids call the "best." Good job. I just bought green apples, broccoli and honedew at the store :)

Delahunty Family said...

How fun! Hey maybe if you add some color to potatoes Brett would eat them too!

Lisa Sanderson said...

I made green pancakes for breakfst. Totally backfired. Ian ate them up no problem. Liam looked at them and said, "MOMMY yucky! All done yucky green pancakes." It took me all day to convince him to try one bite and he still told me they were gross. Oh brother.

Dusty And Mandi said...

Ha ha, I love that brett will drink green milk! I have never tried the green food, maybe next year.

Anonymous said...

thats so funny about brett with the milk! lol!
i agree with stef! :)

Karmen said...

I know green food is fun for kids, but I just can't do it. Somebody snuck into my apartment in college and dyed my mild green. I had to throw it out because I just couldn't drink it! It looks like they had fun though!

bottspot said...

That's funny cuz my kids wouldn't eat the green meals I cooked for them last year, even though it was their favorite foods. So, no green food this year . . .