Thursday, July 22, 2010

Grandma Meeks

My beautiful Great Grandma Meeks passed away last Friday. She was an amazing woman, and I feel so blessed to have known her and to have had her in my life. Her funeral was yesterday, and it was so neat to hear everyone share their memories of her. There were so many people there, so many whose lives she had touched. I can only hope that I can be a woman like her. Below is a picture of my Great Grandma, my Grandma Durtschi, my mom and Savannah and I. It was taken last March. I feel so blessed to have had her with me for so many years! She lived to be 89, and up until 7 months ago lived independently in her home in Midway. I am so glad that she didn't have to suffer long once she started becoming really confused with Alzheimer's. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that I will be able to be with her again one day. Love you Grandma!

5 comments:

Dusty And Mandi said...

She was so inspirational.

Lisa Sanderson said...

It was very difficult for me when my grandmothers passed away. How fortunate you are to have had her in your life. I'm sorry for your loss. It is always difficult to lose someone we love even when it we know it is time.

Foust Family said...

She sounds like an amazing woman. I am also sorry for your loss. Take care!

Anonymous said...

she was such a wonderful person and grandma! we are so blessed to have her be in our life!

3 of us said...

Jody I am so sorry for your lost it is good to have the knowledge that we have with that knowledge comes peace when you lose a love one I hope that you and your family is okay and if you need any thing let me know