Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hogwarts Birthday Party

I am so behind on blogging! We had a friend Birthday party for Emily. Right now she is really into Harry Potter, and wanted to have a Hogwarts Birthday Party.

Emily dressed up as Hermione Granger. Mike planned a lot of fun activities. The kids went on a scavenger hunt in Hagrids pumpkin patch. We hid little pumpkins all over the yard. Each of the kids got a cauldron and a wand when they came.



She had six of her friends come over.


We decorated the basement, trying to make it look like the Great Hall. I loved the idea of the floating pumpkins!














The kids were all so excited to see Dumbledore. It was such a great party, and Emily had so much fun! My favorite part was when we sorted the kids into their house with the sorting hat. Mike hid a walkie talkie in the hat and then hid in the other room. I would place the hat on the girls head and Mike would talk in a British voice and tell them what house they were in. The kids loved it! We also had a rat race, ate chocolate frogs and Bertie Bots Jelly Beans, and of course we had a pinata. Mike was so creative in planning the whole thing, and Emily thought it was amazing, she loved being Hermione for the day at Hogwarts.





8 comments:

Delahunty Family said...

Wow you guys went all out, looks like a lot of fun! I beat Mike had just as much fun as the kids if not more! Happy Birthday Emily!

Anonymous said...

you throw such fun parties, haylie couldn't stop talking about it when she got home!

Our Family said...

What a great idea!!! Glad she had a great birthday.

NeelsluvsU2! said...

Stef is right about me having so much fun! Don't forget we also made candy jewelry, ate pizza, and watched Garfield's Halloween! I wish every day was Hogwarts day! Mike

Foust Family said...

You guys really know how to throw a party! Mike should go into party planning!!! I'll be calling him for my next party. Glad Emily had such a fun birthday!

Jessica said...

I love reading about birthday parties in the Neeley house! So much fun!!!

Lisa Sanderson said...

I'm continually amazed at the creativity that you utilize in these parties. I love them. Your kids are super lucky!

Oblad girl said...

I love reading your posts about your kid's birthdays. You always do such a great job at celebrating in fun and creative ways! did Mike put together a hogwarts birthday cake, too? What did you do for that?