Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Father and Sons Campout

Ever since Mike was little he has had a tradition of going camping with his Dad and brother Scott over Labor Day. Now it has grown to include his nephews and Brett. I am so happy he is able to have fun with the guys and that my little guy can go with him. Before I know it I am sure Liam will be going with them too. For some reason Mike didn't think he was big enough to go on this trip. :)
Mike and Brett's tent.


Mike told me Brett was pretty obsessed with having a fire and wanted it going the whole day. At least he did his part in keeping them supplied with firewood!





Mike's Dad. Brett told me he loved having Grandpa up there with him.


Austin and Tyler playing Horseshoes, a Neeley family favorite.





I loved this pic! Brett totally tuckered after a long day of fun.


I am so lucky to have these two guys in my life, love them both so much. I think it was good for Brett to spend one on one time with his Dad. There is no one he admires more in this world. He is always telling me how strong Dad is, or how fast Dad can run, how Dad is the best Soccer player and that he is so tall. I love how he looks up to him so much. Found an awesome song about this if you want to turn on the music, a bit twangy but I love the message :)




So Peaceful, what a beautiful picture. So glad Mike took a ton of the trip!


Goofing off for the camera, hahaha.


6 comments:

brilin said...

What a fun campout--I'm glad they had so much fun!

Lisa Sanderson said...

My favorite pictures of any vacation are the ones where your kids are asleep and you're still standing. Kudos. Anytime you out last your kids you deserve a prize. Looks like an awesome camp out. There aren't any good camping places here and I wish I could take my boys camping!

Dusty And Mandi said...

Such cute pictures! I think it's so fun they do a father/son campout.

Scott said...

This event comes and goes faster every year. I love it.

Mike said...

I sure wish time would slow down... especially when I'm on trips like this one. I love spending time with the boyz and especially my little man Brett. He has so much energy it is hard to keep up with him, but I'm doing better now that I've lost so much weight and am getting more fit. I don't do it so much for myself but so I can be there for my kids and not just watch but do things with them... I love Brett with all my heart and he is an amazing young man.

Anonymous said...

Mike didn't want to take Liam? I can't imagine why..UK :) looks like they had fun!