Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Savannah Jayne


I can't believe that my little girl is already going to be six months old next week! Time sure has gone by fast! Here are some cute pictures to show you how fast our little sweetie pie is growing! Savannah is learning so many new things. She can roll over, even though I am the only one who has seen it! She smiles all the time! It is so hard to capture this on camara though, every time I get it out, she stops smiling and stares at the camara! She loves to laugh, and the one who always make her laugh is Emma. She thinks she is so hysterical! It is fun to see them together. I hope that they will be close as they get older. Having grown up with three little sisters, I know the drama it can bring; whether it is "borrowing" clothes, silly fights, or the emotional drama of 4 teenage girls in one house, it is still so much fun. I am so close to my sisters now and am eternally grateful to have them in my life. I hope Em and Savannah can be the same. Savannah watches everything around her and tries to immitate it. Here is a picture of my Dad sticking out his tongue, she kept trying to grab it! He is such a good Papa to my kids, thanks Dad! Savannah can sit up in the saucer now and loves to jump up and down in it. It is the same saucer that Emily and Brett shared and it is fun to see her enjoy it too. Recently she learned to twirl
the balls around in the rattle. It is so fun to see her learn new skills every day! She is such a happy baby, and a big talker! She bablles constantly, and it can get pretty loud especially in church! It is so funny when we put her down to sleep for a nap or for the night, she will sit in bed and "talk" herself to sleep! She loves to look at the world around her and is taking everything in everywhere we go. We go on a family walk every night and she loves to look up at the trees as we walk by. She is eating rice cereal now, and makes a royal mess with it! Every time we put it in her mouth, she promptly spits it back out again! When she is done eating it, and I am cleaning her face, she sticks her tongue out and wants it to be cleaned off too! So cute!
Brett is such a good brother, and wants to be with Savannah constantly. Every second of the day he is asking to hold her, kiss her, etc! In the car we tell him not to touch her, but he can't help it! He will tell us, "she wants to hold my hand!" Despite all the mauling he is so sweet to her. If she cries he instantly starts singing, "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" to her. Since I didn't have a brother growing up, I am excited to see how close they will become as they grow up. The last six months have been a blast and I look forward to the next six!

6 comments:

bottspot said...

I can't believe how big she is getting! Holy Cow! Where does the time go? I am so impressed with how well you keep up on your blogs. You give me inspiration!

Dusty And Mandi said...

I can't believe she's six months old! That's crazy! She's so beautiful. I can't wait to see you guys again!

Ruth said...

Too cute!! Found you! Thanks for the heads up on your blog!

Anonymous said...

Man, time flies so fast! She is such a cutie pie, my little baby banna! Oh the joys you will have having 2 girls, the "borrowing" of clothes! LOL.

Nicole Lambert said...

I am glad that you found our blog! It is so fun to see your cute family! I can not believe how big your kids are getting! They are so cute! Hope all is going well with you guys- and lets keep in touch.

cassy said...

Savannah is getting so big and more beautiful by the day! Stu and I were looking at your blog and was amazed at how much brett looks like mike and says he also looks a lot like his brother dave when he was that age. Then I went on to show stu what "great husband" mike is for writing on the blog and his amazing cake...LOL...I told him mike showed him up! He just laught and rolled his eyes. It was nice seeing you today. I wish you could've stayed longer...Thanks for coming and supporting us! You're great!!! Sorry I didn't get to chat much I was running around like a mad woman.