Sunday, January 4, 2009

Savannah's Birthday party

We had a party for Savannah yesterday. Thank you to our families for coming out for it, we really appreciate you being there for her first birthday! Mike made Savannah's cake, and it was amazing as usual and so cute! Mike calls her "Tweetie Pie" so he made a Tweetie bird cake. All the little yellow sprinkles are actually in the shape of Tweetie Bird. Amazing what you can find on-line! It was a fun party, and Savannah got a ton of help from her siblings and cousins when it came to unwrapping gifts and blowing out the Birthday candle.

Such a cute and yummy cake! It was a homemade lemon cake with lemon frosting......yum!
Opening presents. One of her favorite things to do is to play with our keys, so Mike made her a key chain of her very own. It has all sorts of fun things on it to play with! Including a Tweetie bird, and key rings that say "spoiled" and "Diva".

Having fun sitting in the box.

Rare shot of Savannah starting to unwrap before Brett jumped in to help her.Enjoying the Birthday cake. She was very timid and dainty when it came to the cake. She would get a small piece and try to share it with others. This is about as messy as she got! Happy Birthday Savannah!!!

10 comments:

bobbi said...

I really can't believe she is 1 either! I can't believe it was last year she was the New Years baby!! She is so cute, and still looks a lot like Mike!

Berry said...

One year old! I can't believe it. She is so cute and is getting so grown up. Mike did an awesome job on the cake!

bottspot said...

I really can't believe she is one! HOLY COW!! Looks like she had a GREAT DAY! Why do we buy the gifts when all they wanna do is play with the box?

archiecrew said...

She is so cute! I hope Sienna is as nice with her 1 year old cake as your sweet girl was. I might need your husbands help with her cake in a few months!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe baby bana is one! She is such a cutie! And she was so cute with her cake! Trying to share it with everyone! What a sweetheart!

brilin said...

Wow, One is so fun. She is just a doll. She was so patient with everyone helping her do everything.

carolee said...

Seriously, where has the last year gone?! I can't believe your baby is one! She's sure a cutie.

Lisa Sanderson said...

Happy Birthday Savannah! Thank heavens one year old means that you can have cow milk. That is my favorite part about one anyway. Congratulations! I love the pictures, and I especially love the cake. I always take the cowards way out and buy one, and frankly they never look that cute and I'm betting that don't taste that good either!

NeelsluvsU2! said...

What a blessing it is to be Savannah's dad! She's my little Tweety Pie! I have cherished getting to know Savannah this year. When she was new, I loved to come home and spend the evening with her sleeping on my chest. She would sleep with her mouth wide open... just so sweet! I can always feel an imense love emulating from her heart when we're together. I know she will always have a calming and cheering effect on her daddy through the years. She is very loving and patient... unless she's hungry or tired. Watch out if she's hungry... she's not affraid to let you know about it! I look forward to each day with Savannah and know I will cherish watching her grow. I hope she will remain and always be one of my very best friends! Happy Birthday my little sweetie pie! Daddy

3 of us said...

I can't belive Savannah is one time goes by so fast.Your blog is so cute too!!