Friday, January 30, 2009

Thanks!

Thank you so much for all the well wishes regarding Savannah's surgery! We really appreciate it. I know that I am a paranoid mom to worry when she is having such a simple surgery. Many of you who commented have been through so much worse with your kids. Thanks for the support! The surgery went really well. The surgeon said that in her right eye, the tear duct was completely closed off because it was so narrow. With a balloon he was able to expand it. There is a chance she may need to go in again to have a stent placed if there continues to be a problem. We hope not! She is really doing so much better already. I am glad we decided to have this done, the surgeon said there was no way it would repair on its own. I am glad that it is all over now! Thanks again!

6 comments:

Our Family said...

We are so glad everything went well. Surgeries are always scary (Lizzie has had two). You guys were in our thoughts

Berry said...

I'm so glad that all is well and taken care of. That is a huge relief. What mom wouldn't worry about their kid whether it's a big or small thing? I'd be a nervous wreck, so don't think you are alone. Give Savannah a kiss for me.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy things went well for her! :)

brilin said...

We're so happy all is well. It will be so nice for her to not have that gunky eye. She is such a cutie.

bottspot said...

I'm glad everything went well. Kids always recover so much quicker than us adults. Hope the problems are resolved. Love ya!

cassy said...

yay! I a so happy things went well... Hopefully this does the trick and she doesn't have to go back again!