Thursday, April 9, 2009

Somewhere over the rainbow.........

I went to Kansas last week to see my little sister Mandi, her husband Dusty is in the army and they are stationed there. We decided to make a trip of it, me and my two sisters so we could all be together! It was such a fun trip, I loved being with my sisters and it was nice to have some "me" time. Although, I missed Mike and the kids like crazy! Thank you to my mom, Mike's mom, his sister Shauna, and especially Mike who all stepped up and took care of the kids while I was gone. It was a trip I will never forget, thanks!

I have missed Mandi so much and it was so nice to see her and Zoey. I couldn't believe how Zoey had gotten so big!

This is a cool field in Wakefield. When Mandi first moved to Kansas this is the town she lived in. It was such a small cute place, I thought it was beautiful!

So sweet! Mandi you are such a great mom, I loved being able to see you and Zoey.

Here is the teeny tiny library in Wakefield!

This is a picture on base. I was blown away by how huge the base was! It was fun driving through it, going to the museum and seeing where Dusty worked.

We stopped at Panera Bread for lunch, so yummy!The most exciting thing that happened was Stef told us she was pregnant! It was our first night in Kansas, and we were all talking in Mandi's cute townhome when she said, "You guys, I have something to show you". And she whipped out an ultrasound! She is 13 weeks along, and when I saw the ultrasound I said, "That isn't a little peanut! How far along are you?" Her baby is so cute and I am so happy for her and Aaron!
Zoey helped Mandi and I make dinner. It was a chicken with a delicious sauce, I will have to get the recipe!

Here we are, Jenny, me, Stef, Mandi and Zoey. We were goofing off.

I love my sisters so much, they have always been there for me and I know that they will be there whenever I need them as we get older. Words cannot describe how fun it was to all be together, to stay up until 2 am every night gabbing, working on projects and playing games. It was amazing. I love you guys!





6 comments:

bottspot said...

Did you see OZ while you were there? I've never been to Kansas. Looks like you had fun!

Berry said...

I am SO happy for you that you got to do this. How fun it would be to have three sisters. I only have one, but I love her to death. I wish we could have these quality times with the people we love more often. Congrats to your sister! How exciting!!!

Jessica said...

You all are so lucky to have such wonderful sisters! I hope my brothers and I are that close one day. :)

I can't find you on facebook... do you have the search option turned off? You can search for me as Jessica Vergara. I'll add you as soon as we find each other! :)

Anonymous said...

So so so fun of a trip! It was way too short though! :) Love you!!!

Dusty And Mandi said...

I'm so happy you guys came! And I can't wait to see you all in July. Miss you!

brilin said...

I'm soo happy you all got together. I had a fun day with your kids and everytime I pictured you girls all weekend I had a huge smile on my face. I'm so thankful you all love each other and get along so well. You are all such awesome moms (even Stef now growing that little baby)!!!