Wednesday, May 13, 2009

California Trip - Disneyland!

We spent three days in Disneyland, it was so much fun! Here is a small sample of our 3 days, we took a ton of pics!Our first morning in Disneyland we went to a character breakfast. It was so much fun, we saw so many of our favorite characters! Emily obviously was the most excited to meet Minnie Mouse and Brett couldn't believe it when he saw Captain Hook! He loves Captain Hook (he was even him for Halloween) They did their "Arrrr Maties" and raised their "hooks" together!



We let the kids each pick out one toy on our last day. I laughed and took a pic when Mike held up Mickey!




California Adventure was a lot of fun too!

I especially loved the Bugs Life area, it was so creative! The kids really liked all of the rides, and Savannah was able to ride almost everything!


Here we are on the caterpillar ride. It went by giant watermelons and animal crackers, you could even smell each thing as you went by!




There have been a few changes since I went to Disneyland, the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House is now the Tarzan Tree House. It was neat to get a good view of Disneyland from the top.




Our families favorite ride of all was Pirates of the Caribbean! You can imagine with a little boy who loves pirates, he was pretty impressed! We went on it like 5 times during the 3 days we were there. Each time he would get off singing, "Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me!" It was fun to see Captain Jack Sparrow throughout the ride.


Emily and Brett right after the pirates ride!


Savannah's favorite ride was "It's a small world" She would just look around smile, laugh and clap. Seeing her like it so much we went on 5 times also. We loved going the end of April, we were able to just walk right on some rides, and the longest ride we had to wait for was about 30 minutes!


Here we are in Toon Town!



Everyone had to try to remove the sword from the stone.




Look at Em's face! She put some serious effort into trying to removing it!



Brett tried for awhile too, and in many different positions.


We loved Disneyland and just wish it didn't go by so quickly! It was so much fun to see the kids faces light up, to experience the magic! We each received a balloon at the character breakfast. I told the kids we should let the balloons go by the entrance of the Disney castle and make a wish. Brett did right away, but Emily thought about it and then let it go. Later on we were talking at the beach and she asked me if I wanted to know her wish, I told her I did. She told me that she wished she could fly........don't you just love Disneyland magic?

Make sure to turn on your sound to hear some classic Disney songs! *Mike had fun arranging them*


8 comments:

Dusty And Mandi said...

All your pics are so cute! It looks like they had so much fun. And I love Emily's wish. So cute. Don't you wish you could be a kid again?

Ruth said...

those are great pictures! Glad you were able to have some great memories and family fun together!

Berry said...

I loved reading about your adventures in Disneyland! It's so awesome Brett got to see Hook - I know he loves him. I love the small world ride and pirates too. There is a magic in Disney. It's so neat. I want to go back. Scott was saying now that he can walk, he even wants to go back because when we went with my family, we didn't really get to enjoy it. One of the days, Scott just stayed at the condo! I'm glad you had fun.

Our Family said...

I am glad you had so much fun. Somehow we missed the Tarzan house when we went. Or at least I dont' remember. Awesome pictures!

Jessica said...

what's wrong with the swiss family robinson tree house? I guess it was a little too old school for these youngins. :( Tarzan is ok I suppose...

Anonymous said...

Way cute pics! Looks like you guys had tonz of fun! That is so funny they changed the treehouse to tarzan, mainly cuz no one even knows what swiss family robinson is anymore! LOL. I love the pic with brett and captain hook, that must have been so awesome for him! And what a cute wish for emma!
LOVE the songs mike! good job!

The Teeples Times said...

First of all, your trip looks like so much fun!! I too love the "magic" of Disneyland. Sounds like the character breakfast was a lot of fun. Second of all, oh my goodness...so sorry to hear about Savannah and the seizures. I know what you mean about sometimes the medical background making things worse - you know what the worst case scenario is. Glad to hear she is doing better. I can't even imagine how hard that was. I will pray for her!!

brilin said...

Looks like so much fun, I loved the sword in the stone pics. What fun all the kids could find something to be so excited about. It is a magical place, and tell Mike I loved the music, it really added to the mood of the pics.