Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Brett!

Brett turned 4 on May 16th! He is really into Spiderman this year so we had a family party with a spiderman cake! Brett thought it was so cool! Mike made a banana cake with cream cheese frosting and then decorated it. The Web is made out of black shoestring licorice! Brett loved the cake! He kept standing by it and doing his spiderman web slinging pose!On Saturday we had his friend Birthday party, of course it was Spiderman themed! Here he is showing he is 4 next to the giant 4 balloon Mike bought him!

Mike had fun decorating the back yard with streamers and balloons, the kids had fun helping. It turned out really awesome!



We played a lot of fun games, but one of the big hits was "stick your spider to the web" instead of pin the tail on the donkey. I made the spiders and Mike made the web!
We surprised Brett with a spiderman pinata! He was so excited and it was the hit of the party!


I don't know who had more fun, the boys hitting the pinata or Mike trying to keep it away from them!



It was such a fun party, Brett had a great time! Happy Birthday buddy! We love you so much and are so lucky to have you in our family, can't believe you are already 4!

11 comments:

Berry said...

What a fun party. I can't believe that Brett is four years old. It's so cute how he loves Spider Man. When I was really young, I loved Spider Man and the Incredible Hulk. Then I got into girly things later like Strawberry Shortcake and Carebears. I had a Spiderman Hippety Hop. The things you used to bounce around on. Awesome job on the cake Mike! I've never had banana cake - sorry I missed out!

Jessica said...

I love this post! Your kids are so adorable. I can't believe Brett is four...he wasn't even one last time I saw you! Brandon was impressed by Mike's cake. :)

I love the spiderman songs to match your blog.

The Tripletts said...

I loved making cool cakes like that for my kids!! Enjoy it now because as they grow they will want those dumb cookie cakes from the bakery!! Grrr. Oh well great post!!!

Anonymous said...

you guys did an awesome job on the spiderman parties! that is a cute idea for a game, the stick your spider to the web, love it! brett is so cute! I can't believe he is 4!
good job on the cake mike!~
I also love your music!

M. Harrison said...

Happy Birthday Brett from your extended cousins!! Hope you had a great day. The cake was awsome! We will have to do a pinata at a future party...they seem to be a win win item at a kids (or adults) party!

NeelsluvsU2! said...

It seems just like yesterday when I saw my little man for the first time. Right when his little head came out, he was faced toward me and his eyes opened, bright and beautiful. I was given a real glimpse of heaven in that moment. I love Brett... he is extremely loving and tender-hearted. His energy can drive the most patient of people bonkers, but I'm so glad he is a healthy little man. I love the way he talks and his cute comments even though his octave can reach glass-breaking pitches the more excited he becomes. It is an honor and among my choicest blessings to be your dad Brett! I love you my little man... my favorite little man ever! Mike

Dusty And Mandi said...

Way cute party! I love his spiderman pose in the first pic. He's all boy that's for sure. Tell him happy b-day for us!

Dusty And Mandi said...

Way cute party! I love his spiderman pose in the first pic. He's all boy that's for sure. Tell him happy b-day for us!

3 of us said...

Wow you went out!!! He looks like he had a fun party. Happy birthday Brett!!

Lisa Sanderson said...

I love it! You didn't do the party justice when you described it at work. You are super creative parents! Happy Birthday Brett!

carolee said...

What an awesome birthday. You guys always have the best ideas and cute parties!!