Tuesday, May 12, 2009

California Trip - Universal Studios

We went to California on the 20th of April. We experienced everything, Universal Studios, Disneyland, the San Diego Zoo, Sea World and Newport Beach! I am going to split our trip into a few posts since I took a bazillion pics! Here is the first day. We flew to California on Jet Blue. Mike and I both love surprises and decided to not tell the kids about the flight, trip, anything! It was so fun to wake up that morning and head toward the airport. They were so excited to fly they didn't even care to ask about where we were going!




They loved watching the planes and couldn't wait until it was our turn to get on the plane!

Emily was excited, but was more interested in watching the TV screen on the chair in front of her.



At take off Brett couldn't stop screaming "Wow,!" He thought it was the most amazing thing to fly!


Here we are at the cute teeny tiny Longbeach airport. It was so small it kinda felt like we were in a different county!
Family pic by the Universal Studios globe. The kids were so excited when we got off the plane and told them we were going where they made movies!

When we first walked into the park, there was a moving statue! Brett was so fascinated! I felt bad for the guy, it was a record heat day in LA 101 degrees! It would be hard to be dressed in black, pretending to be a statue all day.



We thought Brett would love to stand next to the shark, since he is always pretending to be one! But he was scared, maybe he thought the shark, like the man would suddenly come to life! Finally he did with Mike.



Savannah loved seeing Curious George, she kept giggling and smiling up at him.


Dora the Explorer!

Shrek with the fam.


Mike posing with Apollo 13 crew.


I just had to put this pic up, lol!

We had such a fun day at Universal Studios! The studio tour was the best ride. The kids kept thinking it was real. It was so fun to see Brett jump and scream when Jaws jumped up at him, to see the flood and in the end an earthquake! During the earthquake in the subway station Emily just kept holding on to Brett saying, "It is ok, hold on to me Brett, hold on!" We had to laugh, she is always trying to watch out for him. Awesome day, it was just crazy to leave 50 degrees in Utah and come to a heat wave in California!

11 comments:

M. Harrison said...

I loved going to Universal when I was in high school. I remember seeing the set for Backdraft,an reenactment of Miami Vice...it was a blast. I'm glad that you guys had a fun time there.

Berry said...

I'm so glad that you were able to have some fun in spite of the trauma that Savannah went through. I loved reading about your trip and seeing some pictures. It's so cute that your kids were so excited to be in a plane and FLY!!!

carolee said...

Such a great idea to surprise the kids with the trip! I'm definitely going to remember that idea. I'm so glad you guys had such a nice time even though you had some really scary things happen.

bobbi said...

This is so fun! It makes me want to go to Cali big time! Now you just need to scrap these!

Anonymous said...

looks so fun! I think that is so fun you surprised them! I love the pic of mike with his hand on her butt! lol. that is hilarious! can't wait to see the rest of your pics!

Dusty And Mandi said...

Looks like tons of fun! I'm glad you guys ended up going to universal. And I LOVE the pic with Mikes hand on that girls butt. Ha ha ha.

Lisa Sanderson said...

Jody the trip, minus seizure, looks like a blast. Keep the pic's coming I love seeing them. I've never been to Universal Studios. Definitely need to make it out to California soon.

jsfeatherstone said...

Sounds like so much fun! I love the picture with the huge monkey and little Savannah in her stroller!

bottspot said...

That's so cool that you kept it a secret. I always think that would be fun, but I think I would have a really hard time keeping that one!

brilin said...

So fun, I can just imagine Brett on the plane. What a great surprise for all of them. Universal is such a cool place, almost make the movies seem more real to see where they are made.

3 of us said...

It looks like you guys had a blast!! For the most part. We are leaving in a week the 23rd I hope we have just as much fun just like you guys we need the vaction. I am glad that you guys got to do so much while you were there. it is fun to see all your pitures your kids are so cute!