Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Last California post.......I promise!

This is the beach in Oceanside California, by the condo we stayed in. We had so much fun running from the waves!
Savannah loved playing in the sand, and attempting to eat it too as you can see!Another day at the beach. In fact, this is right before we went back to the condo, right before Savannah started seizing.
Here is my cute mom with Em and Brett at Sea World! I cannot thank my parents enough for coming and helping with the kids while I was in the hospital with Savannah.
This is the day we headed back up the coast and back to the airport. Savannah was released the night before from the hospital and I think this picture speaks volumes. Mike and I couldn't stop hugging and kissing our little girl. We are so grateful that she was able to mend and that we have had no scary incidences since. Here is Mike blowing raspberries on her neck, trying to get a laugh. She was still pretty weak at this time.


Beautiful Newport Beach. It was amazing, life is amazing!



A swing set on the beach, tons of sand and the ocean just right there! Emily just kept telling me how happy she was, life cannot get any better! I have to share one thing. As we were leaving our condo, Emily was sitting next to Savannah in the car. She hadn't been able to see much of her since Savannah had been released from the hospital. I looked back and saw that Em had her hand on Savannah's cheek. Emily was smiling at her and tears were running down her cheeks. When I asked her what was wrong she just said, "I am so happy to have my baby sister". Of course, both Mike and I had tears in our eyes.
I love my family and my sweet kids, what more can I say?

7 comments:

Berry said...

I loved reading your post and looking at your pictures. Such great pictures! I loved the one of Mike and Savannah. Emily is such a sweet girl. I'm glad nothing else has happened since you've been home too. Love you!

Jessica said...

Your kids are so photogenic! I hope it's genetic. Your family has such an awesome spirit. I can feel it even over the internet.

M. Harrison said...

I am so glad that Savannah has not had any more problems. Thanks for sharing that about Emily. It touched my heart...our kids are such blessings and they are very perceptive of what is going on around them. They have such a sweet spirit. It's moments like that that you want to remember forever.

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of you guys running from the waves! its so cute!
I'm so happy that little banna is okay and everything has gone well since, that is just so scary. That is so cute of emma, what a sweet sister she is! made me cry! You guys are such a cute family! love you!

Lisa Sanderson said...

I love the beach. I agree there is nothing better than a swing set and lots of sand. There isn't any greater joy than realizing your children really do love each other.

3 of us said...

You guys had really good pics I loved them all. And again I am so gald that Savannah got better.

Niki said...

Jody! I'm so excited you were able to find me on Megan's blog! Wow, you're family has really grown since I saw you last! I think the last time I saw you, you were pregnant with Emily. I have to share this story with you...and it is really funny our timing to meet again. My Mom past away in the Fall of 2000 and when we separated her things I took her journal. I recently moved and was going through a box and found the journal. Scanning through some entries of the summer before her passing I came across your name. I can't remember word for word...but she said I've got a new nurse today her name is Jody Neely. Jody is so nice and such a happy person, it makes me be a happy person and less miserable in this drab hospital room. Reading it brought tears to my eyes. That's you Jody! You're such a wonderful person and I just wanted to let you know that nursing is difficult, but your patients appreciate you!! Let's keep in touch!!