Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Raccoon!


I already posted some pics on facebook, but I wanted to share these pics with some family members who haven't seen them. Last week my friend came to drop off some stuff and saw this guy perched above our mailbox by our front door. Needless to say, it surprised her! He then moved from our front door to right by the garage. That is where he is when I took these pics. He was pretty scared, and so was I (I just kept hoping he wouldn't make a permanent home in out chimney or something). The kids thought he was adorable and wanted to pet him, of course I wouldn't let them attempt that! In the evening he moved over to the window sill and fell asleep. By the time Mike and I went to bed he had left and we haven't seen him since! Thank goodness! Now, we just need to get some good covers for our chimney in case any of his little friends come by :) Mike was reminding me that in the 9 years we have lived in our Bountiful home we have seen 10 raccoons on our property! Crazy!

7 comments:

Dusty And Mandi said...

So cute! Good thing he moved on though. I remember the Wisemans always had raccoons in their chimney.

Berry said...

You got some great pix of the little rascal! Didn't you have baby raccoons in your chimney another time? I think getting some good covers would be an excellent choice!

Anonymous said...

I love raccoons! We had a couple as pets when I was growing up and I still think that they are amazing creatures and so cute! I'm jealous now. haha Nolana

Ruth said...

He's a very nice looking raccoon. I think you should have kept him, and trained him to pick up the mail.

N. Taylor said...

I can't believe that you guys have seen 10 raccoons! We haven't seen any. He is really cute and furry.

Lisa Sanderson said...

Isn't it amazing how cute the raccoons always look. I'm not sure what is cuter their little furry faces, or the sharp vicious rabies carrying teeth...You should ask Shelly Bowden about when she tried to rescue a raccoon in a storm thinking it was her neighbors cat.

archiecrew said...

I can't beileve how close you were to it! Those are great pics! We have skunks hanging around our neighborhood. Not sure which one I would rather run into though!