Tuesday, July 28, 2009

24th of July

For the 23rd of July we went to my Grandma's house for dinner, and then to the parade. The kids didn't last long at the parade so we went to the park for some face painting, rides and of course smoothies! That night we walked up 1800 South for the fireworks at Mueller Park. Too bad we forgot the camera! But, the kids had a ton of fun and I was happy that Bountiful celebrates the 24th on the 23rd so I could go. I had to work a 12 hour shift on the 24th.
The highlight of the park for the kids is the face painting. This year Emily wanted a unicorn.

Savannah, my poor January baby hates the heat! The second she is outside her cheeks get flushed and she starts to glare and give ornery looks! Poor little girl.
Brett pretending he is "flying like Batman" while on the swing ride.

Brett chose to have a Batman mask. He loved it! It was pretty funny the next day when we tried to wash it off, the black paint wouldn't come off his eyebrows! He looked so silly with his light hair and black eyebrows.



Emily and Brett also rode on the ponies, the poor ponies were a little spooked by all the loud noises coming from the parade.
We had a lot of fun, the 24th has always been one of my favorite holidays. I always loved going to the parade and park when I was little. I remember my family getting a bear claw (big scone with cinnamon on it) every year and sharing it. One bear claw to 6 people! I loved it, I am glad my kids can enjoy it too.

4 comments:

Our Family said...

Love the face painting!!! I am lucky if my kids let someone put a picture on their hand let alone such great artwork :)

Anonymous said...

so cute! when we went the very next day they didn't have most of that! no face painting or food. i was mad! looks like you guys had fun though!

Berry said...

Fun times!! Glad it was fun, even if it was hot!

bobbi said...

Yay for working the 24th of July!! I have never gone to the park for any of the activities, I will have to try that next year.