Sunday, August 2, 2009

Fishing Trip and Provo Falls

Mike is going to laugh when he sees that I posted this pic, but I couldn't resist! We went up to the Uintah's last weekend and had a great time. Of course it was pouring the whole way up and we were worried we wouldn't be able to fish. We ended up at Lilly Lake and had a great time with Mike's brother, Dad and nephew.
Savannah's first look at a fish, she wasn't too impressed. A little freaked out about the whole thing, actually.


One of Brett's first fish. He and Emma both caught nine and Mike after awhile stopped trying to fish and just helped them out. Reminded me of fishing with my Dad, he kept so busy helping my sisters and I reel in, let the fish go, put new bait on, get our lines released from snags that he hardly ever caught any! Thanks Dad!

Savannah kept entertained by playing with the lucky green power bait we caught all of them on.


Emily reeling in a fish. She was so patient the whole time, wanted to hold the rod really still and was the last one to reel her line in at the end of the day. I think she could have stayed there the rest of the day. Brett on the other hand, loved reeling in the fish but was a bit bored during the waiting for a fish to bite.

On the way home we stopped at Provo Falls. It was so beautiful! Have you been there lately? We hadn't, and the kids thought it was amazing. This is a picture of the lower falls that Mike took.

My little rock climber. He had so much fun scaling the walls, then he would do it again and again. Wish we could have some installed in our backyard, it would provide hours of entertainment!


Mike sitting by the water with Savannah. She loved relaxing and watching the water go by almost as much as Mike did. There were beautiful flowers growing everywhere out of the rocks.

The kids and I by the upper falls. It was such a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks like such a fun and pretty place! we should go there next year for our camping trip! i love the pic of mike and banna out of focus with the flowers, so cool and cute!

Dusty And Mandi said...

Looks like tons of fun! Glad the kids got to catch some fish

Oblad girl said...

The Provo Falls looks awesome! I'll have to go check them out. Thanks for the heads up!

Niki said...

What a fun trip!! I can't believe all of the fish you guys were catching!

Berry said...

Oh Jody, I really loved reading what you wrote and looking at the pictures. Scott had fun also and was mad he had to leave early to pick me up when I ended up changing my mind and didn't need a ride anymore. The Uintas are VERY close to my heart. My Grandpa had a cabin up there that we enjoyed for over 20 years until he sold it. I'm so glad you guys had a nice time. Love the picture of Mike (the 1st one) LOL!

The Hildreth Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I've never been there, but it looks like a great place to check out! Your family is so cute! I can't believe how big they're all getting!