Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pumpkins

We went to Dicks Market this year to get pumpkins, might not be an awesome patch, but they had some amazing pumpkins! Liam loved touching them all, he was in heaven.
Emily and Brett each picked pumpkins that were over 15 pounds! The scale maxed out at 15, luckily they just charged us for that.
I notice since I am usually the photographer there are never any pics of me on the blog. So, here I am with my cute little man, even though he is distracted by all the pumpkins.
Mike is the expert pumpkin picker. He had a row of 8-10 pumpkins lined up that looked like they were worthy picks. He cracks me up, I love how he is just like a little kid and gets so excited about anything to do with holidays.
Brett, always the poser for the camera.

Now for the fun part, the carving! We picked out our pumpkins a couple of weeks before Halloween, but we actually carved them on the day of.
The kids all dug right in, I was impressed! No one was squeamish at all.

We took the seeds and baked them, so delicious!

2 comments:

Mike said...

A minor correction to this post: the pumpkins Emily and Brett picked out both weighed more than 30 lbs. each. We only paid $15 and something cents for all 4 pumpkins. The same pumpkins would have cost at least $60 at the pumpkin "patches" we've been to in the past... such a rip off! I was able to process the pumpkins and probably have 30-40 lbs of puree! I love Halloween!

Lisa Sanderson said...

Ian cried if the pumpkin guts came to close to him. The most he'd do is stick a spoon in the pumpkin and stir. I'm not really sure what he thought that would accomplish. You've got some seriously accomplished pumpkineers! I love that Brett and Emily picked out over 30lb pumpkins they've got discernment.