Wednesday, May 14, 2008

BRETT'S BIRTHDAY!!!!

Brett turns three on May 16th, we had his party on Saturday though since we are leaving to go on vacation soon. Mike made Brett's cake. It was a Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cake with homemade frosting - yummy! Mike made it from scratch and decorated it. He always does a much better job on the Birthday cakes than I do, and he enjoys it too! Brett was so excited to see the trucks on his cake and could not wait to play with them! When we asked Brett what he wanted for his Birthday, he would say "a mean shark!" Mike found a pretty mean looking shark for a present, and when he opened it, he ran around making growling and biting noises. He also got a shark shirt from my parents and he had the shirt growling and attacking Emily and Haylie. He loved the books on sharks and trucks from my sisters and the toy computer from Mike's parents. It was a really fun evening. We had everyone over for a BBQ - even though it was still a little cold we had a blast! I can't believe Brett is growing up so fast! He just makes me laugh every day with his increasing vocabulary and boundless energy. Happy Birthday Brett, we love you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe that he's 3! He was so cute with all the shark stuff! That's nice mike likes to do the cakes, less stress for you!

Dusty And Mandi said...

He's so cute! I can totally picture him growling and chasing people. Probably because i've seen it so much! Ha ha. Happy Birthday Brett!

cassy said...

Can you believe you have a three year old. What I can't believe is Mike making that yummy cake!!! Stu and him really need to hang out!!!!! Happy Birthday Brett!!!!!

bobbi said...

Wow! Whenever one of your kids has a birthday that means that mine is right around the corner, it makes we sad! I totally love your blog. You will have to teach me how to do such a cute title on your page. I am excited to add you, I don't really know what I am doing, but its fun!

Mikala said...

Hey girl! So your blog is super cute and I am SOOOO glad that you found me! I'm adding you to my list of daily blog checks...hope that's okay! Your kids are getting so big...Emily was just a two year old and Brett was barely born the last time I saw you! WOW! Congrats on the newest addition! Keep in touch!

carolee said...

Jody, that cake is too cute! You guys are so creative!! I can just picture Brett running around making mean shark sounds. :)