Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!!

I really am lucky to have 3 adorable kids. In my previous life before three kids I showered every day (in the morning) not late in the afternoon........ or evening. I did my hair and makeup every day. I had a full time job and kept busy with friends and family outside of work, all of who are over 3 feet tall! I had conversations where not once was mentioned words like, "potty, snacks, use your quiet voice" etc. In my previous life I was a patient person and felt like I handled difficult situations and disasters well. That was before potty training; begging a stubborn 2 1/2 year old to "please try to sit on the potty for one minute" and bribing him with stickers, toys - anything! In my previous life I felt like I was a very good listener; that has been all put to test with a 5 year old who never stops talking throughout the entire day. Whether it is a running commentary on the day, the cartoons she watched, the friends she has or about the food she is eating. I never knew that such a young child, being so innocent and honest could hurt your feelings! "Mommy, I thought your tummy was supposed to get smaller after you had the baby, why is it still big?" 4 months after the baby was born! I used to have a hard time falling asleep, so many things going through my mind of things I had to do etc. That was before a babies cries would get me up in the middle of the night. When she is asleep, I also quickly fall asleep. Now, as a mother of 3 I spend my days trying to keep my emotions in check as I remind my two oldest to share, play nice, and please stop whining! I sort laundry, wash, fold, only to repeat. Cook dinner and try to clean as much of the house as possible, all the while being pulled, tugged, hassled, stepped on, sat upon and desperate for some solitude! I am jean-clad, juice stained, bleary eyed and overwhelmed. And, sometimes I wonder who I am and what I've become. Then one of my children smiles and says, "mommy, I love you" and it is perfectly clear. I have the best job in the whole world! Someone once said, there are 7 wonders of the world, but to a child there are seven million. Thank you Emily, Brett and Savannah for helping me see the millions of wonders in this world. They find it in so many places, dandilion weeds to wish upon, fresh spring grass, a cardboard box or a flashlight. Everything is amazing. I thank my Father in Heaven for entrusting me with them, and I wouldn't go back to my previous life for anything!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! Isn't it true, being a mom is the hardest, most rewarding job anyone could have! Your a great mom, keep up the good work! Love ya!

Dusty And Mandi said...

I love this! You said it so well. Children make life a million times better and a million times harder, but it's always worth it!