Friday, September 12, 2008

Savannah




Since I recently did a post on Brett and on Emma, when they were starting school, I thought I should do a Savannah update! She is now 8 months old, time has gone by so quickly! She loves to smile, but also gives people a serious stare if she doesn't quite know what to make of them. Last week she started to wave - so cute! She makes all sorts of noises and now when she is doing her complaining cry it sounds like "ma ma ma ma ma!" I don't know if that counts as her first word or if she has just picked up from the other kids that if you want to cry or complain mom is the one to do it to. She wants to hold everything, and once something is in her grasp it goes straight to the mouth! I think she is going to start to crawl soon. That is if I ever give her the opportunity to try. She will play on her stomach really well, she flaps her arms and can scoot around in a circle. I really don't want her to start to crawl because anyone with a child knows that means more work keeping the house baby proofed and keeping a constant eye on them when they are mobile! It makes me laugh to remember how I was so worried when Em didn't crawl or walk for a while. I should have enjoyed it! Savannah is such a sweet baby who loves her walks, being held by mom, laughing at Dad and watching her brother and sister. She does not like it if she is not the center of attention. She does not like bottles, binky's, peas or loud noises like the blender, vacuum or a yelling brother. One of my concerns when we named her Savannah was that she really did not have a name that I could shorten. I am all about nicknames! But, she has a bunch now, here a a few. Daddy calls her sweetie pie, Emma calls her cutie girl, Brett calls her Zabanna or Favanna ( he still can't say her name!) And I call her Baby Banna, or Banna Boo. It has been fun to see more and more of her personality lately; it seems like every day she does something new! We love having her as part of our family!

9 comments:

Dusty And Mandi said...

She still looks to me like she's gonna be a blue eyed girl! It's crazy how much she's grown. I can't believe she wants to start crawling; she's gonna be a handful! And I love the nickname Baby Banna! Give her loves from our family.

N. Taylor said...

She is such a cutie. I can't believe that she is already 8 months old. It doesn't seem that long ago that you guys told us you were pregnant.

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! I honestly can't believe how big she is! She grew up way too fast! :)

bobbi said...

She is so big! And beautiful! I love the new background, I am looking to get a new one.

NeelsluvsU2! said...

I know others who have felt this way... but I look at pictures from a year ago and they don't seem right without my little 'tweety! As with my other children, it seems as though I've known her at least 500 years. But, then, I'm sure I have. I love to hold her close and just watch her. Especially after reading the September Ensign about Joseph Smith and how long he would be away from his kids. I am so blessed... Mike

The Olsen's said...

She is such a doll! -Danielle Olsen

bottspot said...

I can't believe she's so old! She is beautiful!

Berry said...

I can't believe how old she has gotten! I haven't even seen her very much - it feels so weird. Those pictures are adorable! I'm sure you keep busy with your three little ones. You have such a cute family and I'm bet you have so much fun!

cassy said...

She is so adorable! I love the big bow! They do grow up so fast and it is so exciting, yet so sad.
I hope I see you at the family reunion. I have to wrk until 4 so I might just miss everyone...I'm so bumbed we had to change the time. I was getting off early to be their by 4:30 and now I wont be able to see anyone! :( Well I hope some people are still there by the time I get there.