Thursday, October 16, 2008

Abby and Pippin

Mike trying to put the kids bunk bed together, Pippin adores Mike and is always right by his side.
Pippin on the back of the computer chair while Mike is working on his iTunes collection.
Abby will perch just about anywhere, here she is by the phone and on top of my keys and mail!
I am sure Mike will love this picture, but I couldn't resist!
Pippin and Abby are our cats ~ aren't they cute? I love these pictures because it shows their personalities so well. We got Abby the first Christmas after we got married. Mike loved cats, we both grew up with them and I decided to surprise him with a cat on our first Christmas. My parents watched her for a few days, snuck her into our apartment Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day I brought her into our room. Mike was so excited, he picked her up and said "A Cat!!!!" Shortly prior to Brett being born we added Pippin to our family. We bought him from Wasatch Humane when he was just a kitten. Abby is the multi colored cat and Pippin is the orange one. We love them, Abby with her stubborn and sometimes uppity attitude and Pippin with his need to cuddle, and follow us around. We love our cats!

9 comments:

carolee said...

So cute! I need to bring Dani by sometime to meet your kitties. She is CRAZY for cats...and dogs, well I guess most animals!

NeelsluvsU2! said...

I LOVE my Fluff and Flip! I get emotional when I think of when I met Abby. I was dead asleep and could hear the loudest purring in my dreams and then woke up to Abby on my chest. I grabbed her and exclaimed "A CAT"! When Jody and I would wake up to use the restroom, Abby would come and roost on our feet and pratically vibrate with her purring! She loved to hide around corners and come flying in attack mode when anyone approached. Abby is like a teenage daughter who gets easily annoyed by her 7-year-old brother Pippin who constantly wants to jump on her and sniff her buttocks! Pippin is so loving... he is the first boy cat I've ever owned. When I brush him, he almost acts as if he wants to kiss me or something! Whenever I watch a movie with Jody or Sports, he is always on my lap. He is also a great at spotting and eating spiders (I don't let him eat them if I can beat him to the spider). Abby loves to be outside... I think to have time away from Pippin. Pippin loves to smell the outside air, but doesn't like to be outside unless there are plenty of bugs around to chase. I love my cats! Mike

Anonymous said...

I sometimes think I should have gotten a cat instead of a dog! :) Its so fun to hear of your cats personalities! I need pippin to come over and eat my spiders! How great would that be? :)

N. Taylor said...

Oh, your cats are so cute. I didn't know that you got Pippin from Wasatch Inhumane (as Matthew and I call it.) That is where we got Hooper 4 years ago. Maybe they are BFFs. Ha, ha, ha. I hope Cal hasn't been coming into your yard lately. He loves the backyard and whenever I call him he comes running as fast as he can so I won't see where he has been. Gotta love the cats.

bottspot said...

How Cute! We are dog people, although I think my kids would love a cat. Luckily, I'm allergic to them :) But it is fun to see how each animal has their own personality and just "fits" into each family.

fordfamily said...

Awww. For cute! We don't have fur, we have scales in Iggi, aka the green dragon. He's a funny guy in his own right, but he definately won't keep your feet warm for you. Maybe the next pet will be a tad more cuddly. (My boys love the "kitty pictures.")

Berry said...

For some reason when I saw your cats names as the title, I thought something happened to them. I'm glad that everything is okay. I love the names Abby and Pippin. Your cats are so cute!

Our Family said...

Hi guys. Hope things are going well. When you get a chance can you send your e-mail to us at jae2h718@yahoo.com so we can invite you to our blog. We have decided to be a little more picky with who sees it. We are excited to see you at the Christmas party.
-Jim and Alisha

Dusty And Mandi said...

Your cats are adorable! It makes me miss my Maggie.