Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Emma!!!


Today is Emily's Birthday, she is six years old! I can't believe that my little girl is already six! I know that it is cliche to say, "it just seems like yesterday that she was born". But, it is so true! I remember looking into her eyes for the first time and instantly falling in love with her. I was so tired and exhausted after a terribly long labor; but, right away it was all worth it. I am so grateful for her sweet nature. She loves to give hugs, cuddle and smile. She is a great big sister to Brett and Savannah, and such a helper. I went to her school this morning and we passed out cupcakes with spider rings on them to her friends. She was so excited! Here she is in her new Birthday shirt we gave her. I am so grateful to have her as my daughter. We are going to have a friend Birthday party and a family one this weekend and I will post pics from that later. I just wanted to say Happy Birthday on her Birthday. Love you Emma!

4 comments:

NeelsluvsU2! said...

My little sweet pea is growing into a beautiful young lady! I am feeling a bit emotional right now... I'm sure nobody is surprised by that! Emily is sunshine on a rainy day... even though I love rain; she makes any day happier with her enthusiasm for life. She still treats me like a hero even when I don't deserve it... she helps me get out of an ornery state with her comments and smile. 6 years ago I first held her in my arms and hence I have been wrapped around not one, but both of her pinkies. She is a dear friend of mine and I am grateful for every day I can be in her presence and give her hugs and kisses. Happy Birthday Emily! Brett and Savy are so blessed to have you as their big sister! Thank you for watching over them with such loving vigilence! Jody, thank you for carrying her for 9 months, pushing for nearly 4 hours, and loving her for these slippery 6 years! She is one of the greatest four gifts you have given me! I love you both! Mike

Berry said...

Mike and Jody - thanks for making me cry! Geez. Those are such beautiful pictures of Emily. She is a sweet girl and I love having her in my life. She always knows how to cheer me up - just being around her. I love your family very much and you make my life better by being in it! Love you guys!! Sheri

Anonymous said...

I'm there with sheri, you guys make me cry! What a sweet girl you guys have! She is such a cutie pie! I love to listen to her stories where she adds her own commentary in the middle of it!(like: "okay, this is my favortie part!") She is so funny! I seriously can't believe its been 6 years already! Happy Birthday Emma!
Haylie says happy birthday too! She's so excited your 6!

Dusty And Mandi said...

Happy Birthday Emma! I can't believe she's six! I still remember the day she was born so clearly. She's such a precious little girl. We love you Emma!