Monday, October 6, 2008

A weekend of parties!

Here is Emma with her balloons Mike got for her the morning of her Birthday. She is showing that she is six years old! When I asked what kind of party she wanted to have she said a "Halloween party!" She loves Halloween, so we had a friend party on Saturday and they all dressed up.
Here are a couple of her friends, Shahalee (Snow White) and Morgan (Green M&M). We played tombstone musical chairs, pin the face on the mummy, and a rat race.
Anastasia (cat) and Maddy (50's girl) also came. For lunch I made bread sticks, and called them "witch fingers". You put a sliced almond at one end and it looks like a nail. Mike helped a TON during the party (thanks Mike!) and made some yummy mozzarella sticks. Then they dipped them in marinara sauce.
I loved watching Em open her presents, all the girls would surround her and be so excited to see each one! After the presents we decorated pumpkin sugar cookies. It was fun to see all of their different creations.
This is Emily as a Utah cheerleader and her cousin Haylie as Super Girl.
Mike made the cake for Emily, it was so awesome! It was a home made pumpkin cake ~ delicious! He then decorated it, I love the Ghost Peeps on the side with the spider rings! I know not very many guys out there would make and decorate a cake, he always has so much fun doing it. I really am lucky to have him. Emma loved her cake and thought it was so cool, we even had some toy rats from one of her party games and Mike had them by the cake sniffing it ~ so funny! Mike loves Halloween too, and had fun decorating for the parties. On Sunday our families came over and enjoyed cake and ice cream. It was a really fun weekend, and Emily had such a good time.

10 comments:

Ruth said...

That looks like it was so much fun!! Congrats to Mike for such an impressive cake!!

Berry said...

I'm so glad that Emily had such a great birthday. Sounds like you guys had some fun celebrations. Mike - I love how you put the ghost peeps around the edge of the cake!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the kid party worked out great! I think that's so fun she can have a halloween party! Haylie was so excited to dress up!
Thanks for the yummy cake too, I love mike's cakes!

cassy said...

What a fun, great idea, great theme birthday party!! Now I wish Miyas b-day was in October!
Ok and does mike have to make stui look bad! That cake was so fun! I can't believe he made it. I would be lucky if stui even puts frosting on the cake. He'd be like..."here's the cake, here's the frosting, you want frosting on your cake...here's a spoon"

N. Taylor said...

That cake is amazing! Maybe Mike and Josh should start up a business. : ) I hope Emily had a great birthday!

carolee said...

Seriously Jody, I think I'll commission you and Mike to plan and cater my kids' birthday parties. You guys always plan such fun things and have such fantastic cakes!

bottspot said...

Way cute!! What a great idea. Love the cake. Mike did a great job!

Nicole Lambert said...

Your hubby is amazing! I seriously thought that you guys bought it! What a fun little party! Looks like you guys are doing great!

Oblad girl said...

Jody, this is by far the CUTEST little girl-halloween party I have ever seen! I love the costumes, and I am SO impressed by the cake- Mike is a master baker, that's for sure. Cool idea with the breadsticks- making them "witches fingers." Awesome job!!

NeelsluvsU2! said...

My little sweet pea is 6 years old and I can't slow time down! I would do ANYTHING for Emily! I enjoyed making the cake... it's fun when I think of Emma as I work on it. Time alone baking and decorating a cake thinking about my little girl's life thusfar is a true blessing. I have to fight the emotion when I think about my kids and how much I cherish spending time with them. Mike