Thursday, October 9, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup


One of my favorite things about the fall weather, is that the chill in the air means it is soup season! I love making soup, and I have a lot of really good recipes. I had book club at my house tonight and thought I would make it since Autumn is here (YAY!) Of course, I had to make some rolls to go along with it. Soup with rolls are some of the best comfort foods. Here is my recipe.
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
(This makes a ton ~ and I usually half the recipe)
6 chicken breasts, or 1 whole chicken
4 celery stalks
1 onion
5 chicken bouillon cubes
3 cans cream of chicken soup
6-8 carrots cut up or shredded (I do both for variety)
2 pkg Grandma's Frozen noodles ( find them in the freezer section of the store)
Boil chicken, cut up celery and onion, and bouillon cubes until tender ( a couple of hours) in large pot with 8 quarts of water. Remove chicken from pot when it is tender. Add carrots and Grandma's noodles to pot; cook until tender, about 20 minutes. While noodles are cooking, debone and shred chicken. Add chicken and creamed soups, mix well.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you already posting this! Seriously, this is the best soup ever! It was so yummy! Tonight was fun! Thank you!

Dusty And Mandi said...

Looks yummy! I love soup season too. Ha ha.

NeelsluvsU2! said...

Jody makes several soups that are better than any restaurant or home-maker! Her rolls are to die for. If she were an Italian woman who wanted to beef up her "little skinny husband" she could double my weight in a year if she made rolls every day! Mike