Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas

Every year I make Christmas dresses for my kids. I make them with my sisters, and a ton of help from my mom. These are not the dresses I made, these are some that Mike got at Costco for them. I didn't take any of them in their other dresses. I will get some copies from my sister and post them later. But, I thought they looked so cute in these!
This year we decided to have Christmas Eve just our little family. I always loved doing this growing up, and it was fun to make dinner, sing songs and read stories. We had a great time.

Mike made Prime Rib for dinner. Believe it or not, Em ate most of this huge slab of meat! Crazy girl!



Of course, everyone got new jammies on Christmas Eve! The kids set out the cookies they had made at Grandma's house the day before for Santa and some fruit for the reindeer. Emily also made some really cute pictures and wrote Santa a note thanking him for all the presents.

Here we are about to come downstairs and see what Santa left us! It was a really fun Christmas, I just can't believe it is already over!

5 comments:

Our Family said...

Oh how funny we both have a picture at the top of the stairs. Although yours reminds me I should probably paint my walls :)

Anonymous said...

looks like you guys had fun for your own little christmas eve dinner, we missed you though! i love the dresses! way cute!

Lisa Sanderson said...

There is nothing I love more than dressing my children up unless it is dressing them in identical clothing while simultaneously dressing them up. I love it. I'm glad you got to do Christmas Eve at home I think that's the best. I'm so sad that Christmas is over, it is my most favorite time of year. Hope everything is going okay, miss you.

Foust Family said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! The dresses and Brett's outfit are adorable! That's cute that Mike bought those for them! The dresses you made were fabulous, too! You should post pics of those, too!

Berry said...

Wow Jody, everything looks so wonderful. I'm glad that you all had a good time. It's all I ever wanted! When the heck did Emily grow up? She is not looking like a little girl anymore.