Saturday, January 16, 2010

Heber Valley Train Ride

Way back in July we went to the Meeks family reunion and got 4 tickets to ride the train. The other day Mike and I both looked at the tickets and realized they expire next week! Luckily, we were able to go ride it today!


The kids were so excited when we told them we were going to go on a train ride!

This is the train car we were in. They have a few different choices and we went on the Lakeside ride, it went past Soldiers Hollow and then past Deer Creek Reservoir. It was 2 hours round trip.




Brett loved it, although he kept asking me if it was going to go fast like the train on Polar Express, and where were all the animals? The only wild life we saw was a hawk or something on the ice. But afterward he told Mike and I it was one of the best days.

Emily loved the ride too, she and Brett had fun sitting in different seats, and of course the snacks were the highlight of the trip! Especially since she got Nachos, her favorite!

Savannah wasn't too sure of the ride at first, but toward the end was laughing and playing.


That was after she enjoyed some cuddle time with Dad.




It was a great day!

7 comments:

Foust Family said...

How fun! I can't believe how grown up your kids are looking! They're all so cute!

Anonymous said...

way fun! i bet brett was in heaven! banna looks so grown up in the last pic! crazy!!!

Lisa Sanderson said...

Jody, that looks like a blast. My kids would've loved it. I love Savannah snuggling up to her dad, that's the way to travel. What a fun trip and thank heavens they didn't expire before you got to use them. There's nothing worse than losing out because of a premature expiration date!

archiecrew said...

That looks so fun! We were just talking about going to do this! I love your cute little family!

bottspot said...

That looks so fun! We've only been on the "Thomas" train, but I've always wanted to do the regular one too! Looks like the kids had a blast!

Berry said...

Oh, I want to do that someday. That would be so fun. I loved the pictures you posted. You all look so cute and happy! We need to hang out soon. Or I will go into Mike withdrawls and we wouldn't want that.

3 of us said...

That looks so fun Nathan would love to do some thing like that he is so in- love with trains. Mark and I need to do this with Nathan. Your kids look like they are having fun!!!