Thursday, January 7, 2010

Savannah's party

We had Savannah's party on last Sunday, and of course Mike made another yummy cake! It was a raspberry cake - doesn't it look cute?


Such a big girl!

I think Emily was more excited than Savannah at the gift opening.
Mike and I got her this monkey that claps its hands and makes monkey noises. Yep, she was super scared of it. She still is, right now it is hiding in our closet so she doesn't have to see it. Oh well!

Big thank you to Mike for making the cake, and for also being in charge of the party. Unfortunately, I caught the 24 hour stomach flu that Em and Brett had earlier in the week and couldn't go. Seriously, you should not be able to get the flu when you are already dealing with morning sickness! It was a bad day. Mike had made the cake the night before it hit, and we decided to still have the party. Another big thanks to my parents who let everyone come to their house for the party. I really appreciate it. I just wish I could have been there. Happy Birthday sweet little girl, I love you more than you will ever know and I am so grateful to have you in my life.

7 comments:

NeelsluvsU2! said...

I'm only too happy to make cakes for my kids even though it takes a bit more time than ordering a cake from Parson's. It's all about making the experience personal and fun for my kids with their current favorite character or theme. I'd do anything to see my Savannah smile! It was fun having Brett help me make the cake. He always is eager to put in each item after I measure it. We even figured out how he could help me crack the eggs open. We did a lot of laughing together... thank you little man! I think Brett's birthday in May will bring a pirate themed cake! Happy Birthday to one of my absolute favorite little girls! Mike

archiecrew said...

Happy birthday to Savannah! I love the pic where she is giving a dirty look! Once again your husband is amazing in cake decorating! So jealous!

Foust Family said...

What an awesome cake! Great job, Mike! I love Emily's excitement! I can't believe how big Savannah is! I'm glad she had a great day despite the monkey!!! Sorry you had the flu, that is NO FUN!!! I hope you're feeling better. If you need anything, let me know!

Karmen said...

I love that she's afraid of the monkey! Krista got a dinosaur that moves and Natalie has a love hate thing going with it. She wants to hold it, but doesn't want it to move. They are so funny at that age! Happy Birthday, Savannah!

Ruth said...

You should use the monkey as a discipline tool.. "Do you want the monkey to sit by you? Then stop hitting..." I might have to borrow it, I am sure Vince would be freaked out by it. Love the cake, puts me to shame. :) Maybe next year!

Lisa Sanderson said...

Savannah cannot be two! That means Ian will shortly be two! Remember when I first came to SDCH and they were respectively three and four months old! Where did the time go and also that cake looks better than the ones I order from the store. I'm also in favor of the monkey as a disciplinarian tool. :)

bottspot said...

The cake turned out sooo cute! He always does a great job! I can't believe she's 2!