Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Day

Sorry for the abundance of pics! On Christmas morning the kids woke up and found their pillow pets on their bed. They were so excited, this was the main thing they had asked Santa for.
About to come down the stairs. Showing off the Zhu Zhu pets that were in their stocking.
Isn't my little guy just so adorable?!? He had fun watching the chaos and was more impressed with the wrapping paper than the actual presents.
Such a handsome guy.

Both of them so excited to have the "How to train your Dragon DVD"
Savannah was thrilled to get a phone from Santa. She loves to pretend to talk on the phone, just like mommy.

Emily with a leapster game.

Such a great book and a happy baby.

Planning ahead for the future Mike and I gave Liam this truck. It was one of Brett's favorite things when he was younger, and I am sure Liam will love it too.

We gave Brett a leapster. He was so excited to have one of his own, he loves to play Emily's.

We went to my parents that afternoon for lunch and opened more presents. It was so much fun to be all together. Savannah is such a girly girl - she would get so excited about the clothes she got.

Brett and Emily each got a pack on underwear from my parents. I love this picture of Emily, she looks so mortified! When it was her turn to open the present, she did it quickly and discretely. She didn't want anyone to see. It was pretty funny.

My mom made some doll clothes for Emily and Savannah's dolls. They are so pretty!

Savannah wanted a baby doll from Santa and she was so excited when she got twin baby dolls! She decided right away to name them Liam and Savannah. I have loved watching her play with them for the past week. Every time I nurse my Liam she nurses her babies, changes their diapers, feeds them baby food, burps them and puts them to bed. They pretty much follow Liam's routine. It is so cute to watch her, she won't let me call her Savannah. She tells me, "I am not Savannah! I am mommy!". My little sister Mandi made the cute blankets for the dolls and my mom made their PJ's.

That night we went to Mike's parents house for dinner. We must have been so exhausted from the day because we didn't take very many pictures. Here is Em and Brett with Ashley.

A tradition I had when I was young was my mom would give us a last gift of Christmas. It was always something that she made. It has been really fun doing this with my kids every year. This year I made them super hero capes.

Liam was a little Utah man.

I made Brett a pirate king cape. Don't you love his super hero pose?


I made Emily a Wizard cape since she really likes Harry Potter stuff.
And Savannah of course got a princess cape.

Here they are in their Micky Mouse Santa hats that they got for last Christmas. It was such a great day, we loved it. Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas too!


8 comments:

Foust Family said...

It looks like it was a wonderful Christmas! I love the last present tradition. I think I might have to copy that idea. The capes are so cute, way to go! And they each fit their little personalities perfectly! Glad you guys had a great Christmas.

Dusty And Mandi said...

Way cute pics! They all look so excited! I love all the capes too, thanks so much for making Zoey one!

Anonymous said...

the capes turned out so cute! i seriously can't believe liam is so old...

bottspot said...

Wow! Looks like you had a great Christmas! Pillow Pets were the rage this year! We got 3 of the same as your kids! Too funny!

Our Family said...

Wow!! Very impressive Christmas!!! I am sure your kids love those capes. Those are so cool!!!

Mike said...

And all this time I thought Jody was talking on the phone and she was just pretending! Jody, you should make better use of your minutes. You do a great job making it sound legit! It was a wonderful Christmas and I'm thankful everyone was healthy that day!

cassy said...

Jody! How fun your Christmas looks!!! I love all you traditions. The capes are so adorable. You are so amazing! Have a happy new years!

Lisa Sanderson said...

It was a big year for us this Christmas, it was the first Christmas where both kids opened all their presents on their own steam. Next year we will definitely have a wrapping papper fixated child. I love your pictures. Those capes are a fantastic idea, my kids would love them, I might have to borrow that idea.