Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was a lot of fun. We had it with just our little family. Liam was excited to see all the food, just disappointed that he couldn't eat any. He wasn't very impressed with the pureed carrots that I gave him. I think this picture of him and Mike is adorable. He loves his Daddy!
Our Christmas Eve feast! I don't know why I hadn't removed the foil for the pictures. We had prime rib, funeral potatoes, carrots, homemade rolls, sparkling apple cider and egg nog - delicious!


The kids in their cute Christmas Eve PJ's!

We had the kids do the nativity, and then we read Polar Express and the Night Before Christmas. It is a book that I got when I was a year old, and it has been fun reading it every year with the kids.

Then we left some homemade goodies for Santa, along with a carrot and apple for the reindeer. Emily added a dollar, a snowflake and some artwork she had made at school for him.
Anxiously looking out the window to see if they could see Santa. Such a magical night!

7 comments:

Mike said...

Don't forget the Jell-O! There's always room for that stuff! It was a wonderful evening and I am so blessed to have shared it with my beautiful family! Christmas will always be my favorite holiday! Mike

Our Family said...

That is awesome she left some money and artwork and a snowflake. I love that. Merry Christmas!

Delahunty Family said...

Looks like fun! Cassidy got the same pjs that savannah got! I love that Emma left a dollar, so thoughtful.

Dusty And Mandi said...

Was the money a bribe? Ha ha. JK. The dinner looks yummy! And I know I always say it, but Liam is sooo big! Way cute.

Ashley Ziegler said...

How cute!! I love all the pictures!! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas :)

brilin said...

It's so much fun to have famiy traditions--looks like they had so much fun.. I just love looking out the window for Santa..

Lisa Sanderson said...

Why didn't I go to your house for Christmas eve dinner? Looks like so much fun. One of my favorite traditions is that of the Christmas Eve PJ's. That's one we do too! If I was Liam I would have been dissapointed about not getting to eat some of that food too!