Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Emily turns 9

I can't believe my little girl is 9, time just keeps on flying by...... I am so grateful to have Emily in our family, she is so sweet and loving, she is constantly helping out. She also likes to make everyone feel special. She is always working on some sort of project, surprising people with little gifts and pictures. I love this pic, she really likes to pose for the camera and so when I told her I wanted to take some pictures of her on her Birthday, she quickly grabbed the fake flowers to pose with, lol. Such a beautiful girl :)


Of course, Emily loving horses so much she just had to have a horse cake. Here is the awesome cake Mike made, she loved it. It looks great, but it tasted even better. Emily always has a pumpkin cake and so she requested it again this year. It was delicious with the cream cheese frosting and coconut.

Fun Balloons!


Emily and her Grandma, she loves her so much.
Mike put trick candles on the cake so they kept re-lighting. It was so funny to see how confused Em was about it. Such a fun day, so glad our family could come out and celebrate with us.

2 comments:

Dusty And Mandi said...

Her cake sounds yummy! I remember how into horses I was at that age too! She's so gorgeous, can't believe she's nine!!!

Lisa Sanderson said...

It's a good thing she's only nine. I happen to know from experience that if your dad is turning forty and you put forty trick candles on the cake it sets off the fire alarm. He found the same problem occurred when he turned sixty, only there no trick candles involved. That cake was incredibly awesome. It even had bales of hay! Emily is getting so grown up. I think she makes one heck of a cowgirl!