Sunday, October 16, 2011

Emily's friend Birthday Party

For Emily's 9th Birthday party we went to a ranch to see horses. Two sisters took my CNA class, they were telling me how they are true cowgirls. The are in rodeo's, ride horses, rope goats and do barrel racing. When I told them how much my little girl loves horses they told me they would be willing to do a Birthday party for her. It was amazing. They did such a great job planning so many fun things for the girls to see and do.


They had a bunch of cute bunny rabbits that we fed, held and petted. Savannah still talks about how much she loves all bunnies.

They had 17 horses on their ranch, we saw about 9. The rest were in the pasture by their home.

We were even able to hold chickens and pet them. Their feathers are so soft! Looking at this picture makes me smile. Brett was in heaven, I am sure he was wishing he was born on a ranch.

Emily brought 5 friends with her along with her siblings. Here is our cute neighbor and Emily's good friend Elsie.

Emily and her cousin Haylie. Haylie is 7 months younger than Em and they have always been such good friends.

Aliza on top of the horse with Savannah in the background. I was actually shocked that Savannah wanted to ride the horse. She is always kind of nervous around big animals, but she loved it.

The girls even had a chance to try and lasso the pretend cow while they waited for their turn to ride.


They were actually pretty good at it, I was impressed!
Emily loved riding the horses, later she told me that next time she just wants to jump on and ride the horse without any help and have it run. Notice the boots she insisted on wearing, she doesn't have cowgirl boots so snow boots will have to do :)

Here the girls are dressing a goat, yep you heard me, a goat. Each team had an item of clothing, pants, shirt, bandanna and a hat and they had to run up to the goat and see who could get their goat completely dressed first.


I seriously laughed so hard the entire time they were racing to get their goats dressed, it was hysterical! The girls loved it too, so much that they did it again. Each team had a turn at winning.



Liam was enthralled by the goat. I was a bit nervous it was going to try to nip at him since he kept touching it. The poor thing was probably exhausted after all it had been through.

Notice my poor guys little face, yep you can tell he is a typical one year old. Trips and falls constantly and his face shows it!

Even Liam got to set on the horse for a photo. He just kept smiling and laughing.

At the very end the kids had a blast searching for candy in the hay. We then took the girls to our house, watched Secretariat (a horse movie) and had pizza. There was a lot of giggling and playing, Emily said it was one of the best days ever - the party was a success.

5 comments:

Ashley Ziegler said...

So fun! My sister has owned horses growing up, so I've been around horses forever! They're so fun! :) Looks like a great time! Liam is getting SO big!!!!!! :) Cute boy! Happy Birthday Emily!

Delahunty Family said...

That looks like so much fun! What a great idea for a party.

Lisa Sanderson said...

That's awesome. I need to find someone to do that for my kids around here. They would go crazy over it. I think snow boots are a perfectly acceptable type of cow girl boots. Do little boys ever get over the million bruises and scrapes because Liam is 7 and Ian 3 and they still look like they take a daily beating.

brilin said...

Love the pictures, looks like they had a great time.

Dad

Our Family said...

Such a great idea!!!!