Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Em's Dance performance

We went to the Festival of Trees last Friday for Emily's dance performance. She sang "Let it Snow" and "That night in the stable". She had a solo part. We practiced the solo over and over again. She was excited to perform! The song started with another little girl singing, Em watched her and when it was her turn she missed her part! She just sat there, when she realized she had missed her part she got nervous. Luckily her teacher stepped on stage, had them rewind the tape, start all over and help her get started on her part. I was so nervous for her! But, she didn't seem flustered at all and sang her part perfectly! Mom was 10 times more nervous than she was! Crazy how you can get so worried for your kids! I didn't care what anyone else thought, I just wanted her to be happy with how it went. And she was, she had a lot of fun!
They had a ton of gingerbread houses displayed, I really liked this one.

This one was huge, it even had lighted windows! When I make my gingerbread house every year it probably takes two hours to do. Imagine who much time this took!



Em singing "Let it Snow!" She is so tall compared to the other girls in her class!



Her teacher helping her to get started on her solo.

That night "Granny", (Mike's mom) had the yearly Grandkid Christmas party. Emily looks forward to it all year. She loves making crafts, drinking the hot chocolate, watching movies and especially having fun with her favorite cousin Ashley. Thanks Kay, for doing this every year. Brett can't wait until next year when mom and dad will let him sleep over!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nerve racking to watch your kids perform!? :) I'm glad she got to start all over and do it. She looks really cute!
That was my fav gingerbread house too! Twilight! :) They also had a cullen tree decorated with apples and chess pieces!

Dusty And Mandi said...

Good job Em! she looks so cute. And those gingerbread houses are crazy! One of the decorators at Dicks did one when I first started working there and it took about three weeks! I don't have the patience for that. Ha ha

Berry said...

We missed the Festival this year - we always make it. How awesome that Em got to perform. I wish we could have seen her! I know she loves to act and sing and dance - she is so cute! The grandkid party was fun and I'm glad Granny does it every year too, and the fact that she lets me hang out for the party or at least part of it!