Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Trees








This year we got TWO Christmas trees! When Mike and I got married I insisted we did the multicolored blinking lights on the tree. That was how it always was for me growing up. Mike really wanted all red lights, like his parents had. He let me have it my way, and that is how the tree has looked every year. This year we got a small tree for the basement. Mike had a lot of fun making it a red tree. I don't know if it is more for his families tradition or that it is a UTE tree. It smells so good! The second you come downstairs you can smell it. We had so much fun picking out our trees in the warm weather on Saturday. I put on the lights and then the kids had a blast decorating it. Savannah just kept looking at it and saying, "ree" for pretty. I am looking forward to evenings sitting next to the tree and enjoying some Christmas music, something both Mike and I grew up doing. Enjoy the Christmas songs, they are some of our favorites!

3 comments:

Jody Neeley said...

Love the music, the new background :) and your trees! So cute of all your kids! So this is the first pic of baby banna that she doesn't look like a baby! I'm gonna have to come up with a different name for her! She looks so grown-up, I can't believe she will be 1 soon!
I think that's great you and mike both have a tree like the ones you had growing up. It's definatley a UTES tree! :) I'll have to come smell your yummy tree since we don't have one yet! :)

Berry said...

Your trees look awesome! Looks like fun. We are actually not skipping the tree part this year, although we are just having a small one. I just have two questions for you. 1. Why does Brett look like he's grown up so much already from when I just saw him the other day? 2. Why is Mike putting a rubber chicken on the tree????

Dusty And Mandi said...

Sigh... my tree has no smell. :( I'm gonna look for pine tree air freshener when I go shopping! Lol. I love your trees. The red one reminds me of a charlie brown tree.