Tuesday, December 16, 2008



We have a problem at our house. Brett thinks he is Superman, or Spiderman or whatever super hero mood he is in for the day. He jumps off couches, trying to fly. Try's to run and jump, over objects, or people. Problem is, he is just a little boy and a very accident prone one at that. Saturday night at our ward party he and some friends were racing up and down the church hall. He fell and split his head open. We had to go to the ER and Brett got 4 stitches. I asked him how it happened. He said, "Mom, we were being Superman and running really fast and I bumped into the wall." Bump is right, he has a huge goose egg! Yesterday, as I was getting ready for work, Emily and Brett were playing "Spiderman". Em pulled him off the couch (she was the bad guy) he hit his face. Now he has a huge swollen lip and a I am pretty certain, a broken nose. Lovely!!! If anyone sees my child I am sure they will think he is abused. Brett is three years old. He has had stitches 3 times! Boys can be so crazy!!! Anyone else have similar stories with their crazy boys?

7 comments:

Zach said...

Oh my gosh!!! Poor little guy!!!! Little boys are so funny... but so crazy!!

Nicole

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe it! LOL. When you told me about his nose, I just sat there shaking my head, I didn't even know what to say! Crazy boy! I'm sure as Alex gets older I will have similar stories...unfortunetly! :)

Megan Hauze said...

Oh, I am so scared! Two boys at one time!!!! Hopefully our little girl will calm their roudy nerves, but I am thinking she will be right in the middle of it all!

Berry said...

I'm so sorry that happened Jody! When Scott was a little boy he went through the same thing. He had stitches in his head seven times (which explains alot j/k) among other injuries. He made his own dimple playing "Superman" and jumping off a dresser.

Mikala said...

I think we should get our boys together. The only problem is he has a weapon on his right arm and would not be afraid to incorporate it some how!

Delahunty Family said...

Wow I'm sorry! Those crazy boys! I hear so many stories like that from Aaron's family, his mom said that one summer she averaged going to the ER about 3 times a week with her 8 boys! Can you imagine? Most the staff at the hospital knew her and her boys! There was one time that Nate convinced Andy that he was Superman and got him to jump off the bunk bed and Andy broke his leg (he was about Bretts age too!) Well good luck! You should post a picture of Brett!

bobbi said...

I'm sorry Jody, hope he is doing okay. So far I have been really lucky with my 3 year old boy (knock on wood)! I actually have more stories from having a girl than him! Hopefully it is to even the score on his 3 week NICU stay when he was born!