Friday, August 20, 2010

Bear Lake

We rented my friends cabin with Mikes family and stayed for 4 days. We had such a great time! Last year we stayed there and I took Emily horseback riding, the horse she had was named Shoshone. All year I heard about Shoshone and she was so excited to see him and ride on him. This year Mike took her, when they arrived they told her that Shoshone was resting. Before Emily could get too upset, Mike's sister Cheryl quickly told her that she could ride Shoshone's twin brother. :) Yay for Cheryl! Here is Em on Ranger, or like she first told me when she got back, "I got to ride on Stranger." Ha ha!

Emily and her cousin Ashley with Cheryl. Too bad no one got a pic of Mike on the horse!
The family at the beach. I stayed up at the cabin with Liam. I am not gonna lie, it was kinda nice having some one on one time with him and relaxing for a few hours. Big thank you to Mike for taking 3 kids to the beach!

Savannah zonked out after some fun.
They rented a Jet Ski for 2 hours and had fun zooming around on the Lake. There was a bit of adventure when Emily and Mike fell off. Brett was left on his own sitting on the Jet Ski. Mike had the key attached to him so when he fell off the engine went off. Brett looked at them in shock and kept trying to get to them all the while screaming, "it is out of gas!" Emily was frantic and was trying to climb on top of Mike so he had to push her away, swim to the Jet Ski and then go get her. She was crying and yelling, "Daddy! Why did you push me away!" They survived, and were all very excited to tell me about it.
Austin with the freakiest fish I have ever seen!
We all had a really good time and look forward to doing it again next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a fun trip! looks like you had a great time!
and that fish is nasty! i would be scared if i saw that! lol

Dusty And Mandi said...

Looks like fun, I loved the story of the jet ski incident. Lol. And I want to know what kind of fish that is! It's freaky!

Lisa Sanderson said...

I can't believe he was willing to touch that mutant fish. I miss Bear Lake, and will definitely go there for a visit when we come out next summer. You've got to love little kids. Last summer I went up with the boys while Matt was at basic. My little sister stayed with Ian and I swam out with Liam. When Liam suddenly decided he was done swimming we were quite a distance away and in his efforts to make sure he was comfortable he nearly drown me as I swam us back! I'm so glad you got a little R and R with your Liam!