Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Soapstone

When I was young we used to go camping a lot. I love my parents for taking us. I have so many wonderful memories of playing in dirt, running around, fishing, hiking, playing games, eating s'mores, singing off key around the camp fire and sleeping in the trailer. Now with little kids of my own I know that a lot of work goes into planning and then taking kids camping, it can be a bit chaotic! So, thank you mom and dad for always taking us year after year :) Since Liam is so little I was not planning to go camping. But, last minute decided to go up for the day last Friday. It was a lot of fun and I loved seeing my kids running around and getting every bit as dirty and muddy as I did as a kid.


Liam loved the mountain air, he took a great nap in the trailer. He just loved looking at the trees and everyone around him.

Another fun activity we did when we were younger was painting rocks; yep that's right paint rocks. I know it sounds a bit crazy, but my sisters and I loved it! Here is Brett painting his rocks; it was a hit with all the grand kids. Such a great day and it was so nice to spend the day with my parents and sisters.




5 comments:

3 of us said...

So Much Fun!!! I think that it so cool that your family is so close that you can all go on vacation together.Mark and I keep talking about doing some thing outdoors before summer ends so far we haven't maybe soon!!

Lisa Sanderson said...

This is something that I've always wanted to do with my kids and I haven't really. I have a tent and sleeping bags so I don't really have a good excuse not to. For heavens sake I've got to outdoors lovin' boys! I've got to get them camping. Super cute pics!

Dusty And Mandi said...

I'm so glad you came up for the day! It was so much fun having all the kids run around together.

Anonymous said...

im so happy you came up! it was tons of fun! i love the pic of haylie and emma, im so happy they are such great friends!

bobbi said...

I'm glad you guys were able to get a quick camp trip in. We just got back from camping, and it is SOOOO stressful as a mom. If I hadn't had so many good times as a kid too, I would never go!